Do you know what do to if your pet requires urgent care?
As a loving pet parent, you never want to see your four-legged family member in any kind of distress. Unfortunately, unexpected illnesses and sudden accidents happen. At Petwise, we want you to know that you’ve got a dedicated and experienced team to help guide you.
Some of the signs that your pet may need urgent medical attention include:
- Breathing difficulty
- Broken bones
- Cuts, lacerations or puncture wounds
- Defecation with difficulty, pain or blood
- Ingestion of a toxic substance or foreign object
- Lameness, difficulty standing
- Lethargy or weakness
- Nail broken or bleeding
- Oral pain, discharge, odor or bleeding
- Pregnancy/Delivery difficulty
- Trauma, minor
- Vomiting or diarrhea lasting longer than 24 hours
- Swollen or tender abdomen
- Urination difficult, painful or with blood
If you notice any of these signs, give us a call right away. We will do our best to schedule an urgent care appointment for you.
In the event that your pet needs intensive care, diagnostic testing and services or immediate veterinary medical attention, we’ll help direct you to the appropriate emergency care facility. We’ll expedite transfer of medical records and stay apprised of your pet’s health care status. We’ll be there to follow-up once your pet is discharged.
We can also provide a referral to a veterinary teaching hospital for 24/7/365 emergency/intensive care and/or appointment with surgery, orthopedics, ophthalmology, internal medicine, neurology, cardiology services, or a specialty center referral for consultation with a board-certified veterinarian.
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Wednesday: 1:00pm – 7:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed